INTERNATIONAL COACH FEDERATION FRANCE (ICF)
The International Coach Federation (ICF), the first international coaching federation with over 30,000 members worldwide, was created in the US in 1995. It is at the forefront of coaching recognition and professional training in the USA, Europe, Asia and over 120 countries to date.
To respond to the rapid development of the professional coaching industry which requires specific professional skills, ICF has the mission to “create and support the coaching profession, to protect its integrity” thanks to:
- A code of ethics and list of competencies
- An international coach certification procedure based on experience and practice with three levels (ACC: 100 hours, PCC: 500 hours, MCC 2,500 hours)
- A research-focused dynamic for changes to the coaching profession
- Accreditation of coaching schools worldwide based on two levels (Level 1 and Level 2) depending on the course length and very strict criteria, such as the number of simultaneous teaching hours, teachers who must be ICF certified, teaching of the 11 competencies and putting the code of ethics into practice, teaching methods based on application and observation of practice.
A Level 1 accredited training programme will be approved based on training hours and can represent some or all of a coaching training programme. The specific conditions for Level 1 accreditation include, amongst others, at least 30 hours of training, with 80% minimum face to face, and a minimum of 5 practical coaching sessions evaluated by a coach trainer.
- A Level 2 accredited training programme includes comprehensive teaching based around the ICF basic skills and the code of ethics. It includes at least 125 hours of training, including 80% minimum face to face and a minimum of 6 practical coaching sessions evaluated by a coach trainer, as well as individual and collective mentoring and a final examination to accredit coaching skills based on ICF criteria. The training programme director must be ICF MCC accredited.
ASSOCIATION OF COACHING TRAINING ORGANIZATIONS (ACTO)
Activision is now a member of ACTO (Association of Coaching Training Organizations).
ACTO is the primary international Coaching Training Organisations association and brings together coaching schools which are internationally recognised in the profession.
Our complete 20-day coaching training course will allow you to obtain the title of Professional Coach. This professional certification, NSF 315, level II (Fr) and Level 6 (EU), is registered with the RNCP following a decree dated 8 December 2017 published in the OG dated 21 December 2017.
VALIDATION DES ACQUIS D’EXPÉRIENCE (VAE)
If you are an independent coach, company or firm and want your professional experience recognised and you are looking at an individual certification course with the ICF, we offer an accreditation of prior experiential learning course (APEL).